Terms & Conditions
I NEED A HAND
1. “NEED” means I NEED A HAND;
2. “Team” means the natural or legal person carrying out services on behalf of I NEED A HAND;
3. “Client” means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 2006 to whom the cleaning services are supplied by NEED;
4. “Service” means the ordinary Service that NEED and the Client contracted for. That can be regular service person, a one-off, Arranged visit;
5. “Notice” means any written notice sent to and by NEED whether by email, text message or post to notify of changes in the contract or to raise a complaint.
1. NEED strives to match the requested needs of the Clients when introducing a Service person for day, time and type of work that is required;
2. NEED, will introduce a new service person as a replacement if the originally introduced Cleaner is not available due to illness or any other reason. All efforts will be made to ensure an immediate replacement is arranged;
3. Should the Client not be satisfied with the service, NEED, will introduce a new service person to complete requested duties.
4. The Client agrees that the price they have been quoted does not include anything apart from labour as detailed before signing up for NEED services. Should the Client require any further services a discussion with NEED is necessary and if additional services or materials are agreed upon, a new quote will be provided;
5. Estimates of time for completing a job are based on average time it takes to complete task, and flexibility in relation to time is required on the Client’s part. It must be noted that one-off jobs may take longer to complete due to unknowns of products etc.
6. Minimum booking time is 1 hour, at which point we will continue to do the requested work until completed or requested to finish by client. At each hour we will ask permission to continue unless told otherwise.
7. Hours charged will be as follows. One hour paid in advance with confirmation of work and visiting time. Charges are then invoiced at 30min intervals to be paid at the end of requested hour.
1. Each team carries out the requested work for the Client during the agreed day and time;
2. Each team is to be paid by NEED by doing contracted hours agreed by client;
3. The contracted Client agrees to pay the full price of the visit, if:
1. The Client cancels or changes the date or time less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment;
2. The Client fails to provide access to the Service premises preventing TEAM to carry out the booked work;
3. There is a problem with the Client’s keys and the TEAM cannot let themselves in. If keys are provided they must open all locks without any special efforts or skills.
4. TEAM may not empty rubbish bins unless requested to do so due to confidentiality and will not throw away any items left around, under, on top or besides the designated bins;
5. The TEAM are not allowed to hand-wash any items of clothing belonging to the Client. NEED advises that our TEAM can only use a washing machine for such tasks;
6. The Cleaner will not lift any heavy furniture or work at height more than a regular domestic step-ladder with no more than three steps;
7. All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed;
8. Return of keys after cancellation and settlement of account will be done by either the Cleaner during the last cleaning session, recorded delivery (free of charge and after Clients’ authorisation) or guaranteed delivery (payable by the Client).
9. Abusive, harassing or offensive behaviour is unacceptable, whether verbal, physical or visual. This includes any demeaning, insulting, embarrassing or intimidating behaviour directed at any team or employee of need related to race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religious creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship or another characteristic protected by law. If any such behaviour or conduct is discovered, whether directly or indirectly by need, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect and no refunds will be due.
1. Each TEAM is self-employed and flexible with their assignments. As self-employed, the team is responsible to pay any applicable taxes and relevant social contributions;
2. All TEAM are fully vetted and trained by NEED. Prior to starting work each TEAM provides relevant documents including but not limited to passport, legal status confirmation and proof of address;
3. NEED acts as an intermediary and as such it does not employ the TEAM;
4. NEED provides operational and technical assistance to each TEAM;
5. NEED has an agreement with each TEAM it introduces that the latter will discontinue Service for the Client if NEED does not receive its fee.
1. Client can cancel the Service by giving NEED 48 hours notice in writing via email or text.
2. NEED reserves the right to amend and increase prices and fees to reflect market conditions and cost of providing the service and appropriate notice will be served to the Client in due time;
3. NEED reserves the right to cancel the contract if no TEAM can be allocated due to availability, wage paid by the Client, time of the day or day of the week. If no mutual consensus has been reached between NEED and the Client or due to any other reason the service cannot be performed, NEED reserves the right to terminate the contract with immediate effect. Any missed sessions preceding the termination date will be refunded to the Client.
4. Refund, if any is due, will be issued only if the Client has cancelled a visit within the allowed time (48 hours) prior to the start of the cleaning session and a payment has already been taken by NEED;
5. Due to NEED’s Guaranteed Satisfaction scheme, no refund claims will be entertained once the Service has been carried out. TEAMS wage must be paid by the Client regardless of their type of payment (either full payment or split payment), however a replacement will be arranged and the job redone up to the Client’s requirements;
6. Generally, TEAM’s are not allowed to circumvent work with the Client directly. However, under explicit mutual consent by NEED can be directly employed by the Client. Under such circumstances, the Client is liable for an employment referral fee of £750.00 per person should they directly employ, either legally or on a cash basis, anyone currently employed or subcontracted by NEED, or anyone employed or subcontracted by NEED within the 1 year period prior to such employment. The Client agrees to pay this fee whether he notifies NEED of his action or NEED discovers this employment independently at any time after it occurs. The Client further agrees to reimburse NEED for any and all collection or legal expenses NEED incurs in collecting this fee;
7. Has a comprehensive insurance policy in place covering damage to Client’s property, theft and personal injury. NEED’s public and product liability is £1m. All claims are subject to an excess of £500 payable by the Client. In case of an incident, Clients are advised to notify NEED within 72 hours of incident so that NEED is able to assist in resolving reported problems.
8. Any damage claims will be assessed and processed in accordance with Appendix I below.
1. NEED’s fee can be paid by by debit or online, monthly standing order/direct debit or online, other payments to be specified upon mutual agreement between the Client and NEED;
2. Should payment not be received as per these Terms, no further services will be provided until the outstanding invoice has been settled;
3. If NEED is forced to refer the Client’s account for collection to a third party then extra costs may be added to the outstanding amount by the debt collecting company.
1. Nothing excludes or limits NEED’s liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any matter which it would be illegal for NEED to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or due to a breach of the terms implied by Part II of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
2. Subject to this, our total liability howsoever arising in connection with these Terms, the provision of the services or the agreement between Client and NEED shall be limited to £1,000,000 and NEED shall not be liable for any losses or claims for compensation which do not arise as a direct result of the provision of the cleaning services by NEED to the Client. Corrections on the above terms and conditions can be made with the mutual agreement of NEED and the Client; these can be sent to NEED via email email@example.com;
3. NEED shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with a late arrival of NEED team at the Service address. Cleaners endeavour to be right on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport-related and other problems which are beyond the NEED control, team may arrive with a delay or the service visit may be rescheduled;
4. NEED shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with:
1. A service job not complete due to the lack of suitable equipment, lack of space or electricity, or equipment not in full working order;
2. Third party entering or present at the Client’s premises during the service process;
3. An existing damage to Client’s property in the form of old stains/burns/spillages etc. which cannot be serviced/removed completely by the team using the Client’s products and materials;
4. Any damages caused by faulty or not in full working order equipment or materials supplied by the Client;
5. Any damages worth £500.00 or less;
5. NEED shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the Client arising from or in any way connected with NEED carrying out services for the Client if the Client has an outstanding amount aged 30 days or more from the date the payment was due.
NEED reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these Terms and Conditions without giving any prior notice. Whilst NEED shall undertake reasonable endeavours to notify the Client, however the Client agrees to make themselves acquainted with any updates or changes in the text of these Terms.
This agreement shall be subject to the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
1. In the event of damage, this must be reported to NEED 72 hours of the end of the pre-booked session. The Client must notify the administration team in writing via email.
2. Due to insurance considerations, the Client must provide all relevant information about the damage and photographs as evidence where applicable.
3. Damage cases can initially be reported via email or phone. All following information must be submitted via email for clarity, and to ensure a written record of the communication.
4. Within 48 hours of the initial report, NEED must be provided with the full information requested. Without this further information, NEED may be limited in their ability to investigate and that may affect the form of compensation that can be offered.
5. NEED shall not be liable for any damage due to faulty goods, ordinary ‘wear & tear’, or as a result of reasonable use of any service equipment and products.
Compensation for damage
1. In order to verify the purchase of a replacement for a damaged item, a receipt or bank statement will need to be provided so the process of assessing compensation can be triggered.
2. When determining fair compensation, NEED, will consider any depreciation and any wear and tear into the offer of compensation.
3. NEED, may offer compensation in the form of credit, repair, replacement or reimbursement. The form of compensation offered will be at NEED’ discretion, and will be determined by the results of our formal investigation.
4. Whilst every reasonable endeavour will be taken to compensate the Client for the damage suffered, it must be proved beyond doubt that the damage has indeed resulted from the team’s or any of the NEED sub-contractors or employees.
5. Mutual consent on the method of compensation shall be reached before any compensation is issued by NEED. If no such consent is present, NEED reserves the right to refuse compensation.
6. Insurance excess (£500) is payable by the client as per Clause 5.10 of these Terms and Conditions.
7. If the Client has been given a Satisfaction Form and that form has been completed and submitted to NEED, the service shall be deemed as performed up to standard and no damage claims will be entertained after the date of receipt of the Form.
8. NEED shall not be liable for any damages as provided in Clause 7 “Limitation of Liability” of these Terms and Conditions.
© All rights reserved